Buying from an online pharmacy can save you a great deal of money when thinking of the often very high prices on medication in the US. But there are also risks involved that we would like you to be aware of.
In this article we will discuss various pros and cons of buying medicine from an online pharmacy. We´d like to encourage you to learn as much as possible on the subject from pharmacy review sites and articles on the internet.
* Lower prices — Savings compared to domestic pharmacies due to the lower manufacturing costs and lack of the expensive branding in foreign made medicine. Also, it´s easy to shop around for the best deal on the internet.
* More different generic brands — Because of patent issues and similar, generic variants of expensive brand medication can not be sold in your home country and has to be purchased abroad, online.
* Prescription is not needed — Many sites do not ask for a prescription, which means that the consumer doesn´t have to go through the expensive and embarrassing process of a doctors visit. The consumer often know what medicine they need from their last prescription.
* Convenience — It is very easy to shop on the net. Disabled persons, those who live far away from their normal brick-and-mortar pharmacy and those who have hectic schedules really benefit from buying online.
* Medical information — Many online pharmacies provide useful information about medicine and diseases, plus also links to resources such as government agencies, universities, medical associations and so on.
* Some of all 100:s of online pharmacies are not real licensed pharmacies. We advice you to choose pharmacies that are licensed and proven serious. A licensed pharmacy is inspected on a periodic basis and has to have licensed personnel employed.
* Hidden fees are added to the drug price. This is another important factor, and a very annoying one for must buyers. It makes comparisons difficult to make without actually going through the whole process of buying. Check this first!
* Some pharmacies do not care about your health, they are interested in making money only. Not in providing a solid reliable service. There are actually pharmacies that might send you medication that could be dangerous to you.
Daria W works as a reviewer at a serious and consumer oriented pharmacy review website, netpharmreview.com